Thursday, November 5, 2009

12 Weeks of Christmas Week 5:Homemade Gifts

This week on the "12 Weeks of Christmas" the focus is on homemade gifts. I have a couple ideas up my sleeve, but I'm not going to post them here just in case anyone I know actually reads this blog! Here are a couple of ideas that I CAN share. I can't really take credit for any of them.



Altered clipboards:
Clipboards can easily be found at dollar stores. They don't have to remain plain and boring though. Maureen Spell at Scrapjazz has a great tutorial on how to jazz them up here .


Decorated Candles:
Plain pillar candles can be decorated by stamping images on tissue paper and melting them onto the candle wax using an embossing gun. You can find a tutorial here .


For other fantastic gift-making ideas, check out Red Writing's blog.



6 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love that candle idea! I may have to try that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That candle idea sound great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out cute. Love the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe after Christmas we should see what you're working on! Whatever it is, enjoy making it/them!
    I really like the clipboards!
    Christmas Blessings,
    Jayne at mysongwithin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love homemade gifts. These are good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clipboard idea! I have seen some really cute ones adn want to make some myself. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers, Maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails