Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Luncheon Tablescape

It's definitely feeling like fall now. For today's tablescape, I'm dabbling in warmer colours to reflect the glorious hues that will soon be everywhere you look.




These dishes were acquired by saving cash register tapes from the grocery store (A&P, if I recall correctly). We even had other family members saving their receipts to help us collect more placesettings. They've been our 'everyday' dishes for many many years. It's 'Cordella' stoneware, made in Japan, that is almost indestructible. You can microwave it and run it through the dishwasher a gazillion times. And since so many folks got the same dishes, it is pretty easy to find replacement pieces should accidents happen.



They're not that fancy, but on a chilly autumn afternoon, I think they look pretty comforting. Who knows, someday my great grandchildren might consider them antiques!

You can see many more lovely tablescapes at Susan's
58th Tablescape Thursday.

16 comments:

  1. Hello Maureen,
    So glad to be able to stop by and check out your sweet Table for Tablescape Thursday.
    Your dishes are very pretty. Like their shape.
    My formal dishes were grocery store dishes and I have enjoyed using them all the years I have had them!

    Autumn Blessings to you,
    d from HomeHaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love those plates but I haven't seen them before!! It is finally feeling fall here too!! 50 this am and now in the 70's with no humidity, yipeeee. Hey you need to add more to your discriptive area --I am glad you like Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings and Enya! yup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely setting. The curves on the dishes are so charming. One of my mother's favorite bowls that I have are similar but in blue and white.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Do come again soon.
    Have a great day,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shapes of your dishes & the fact that they don't chip easily is a real plus. The ones I bought just 2-3 years ago have many chips already.

    I'm sure your grands will treasure them in the future. I have to laugh.....when I go antiquing & see all the stuff that I own AND AM still USING!! I guess that means I'm getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tablescape not only for the dishes but also the memories.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it when you can use the stuff you have and the older the better, my problem is I have to dig them out and sometimes theres just no energy, thanks for sharing...come visit..Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Your table looks great and I think your everyday dinnerware is great- especially because it has value to you in the effort it took to accumulate it. It's great to have that many place settings in one pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some lovely rooster dishes that I got through my grocery store as well. A deal is a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your luncheon table is so inviting. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dishes...very charming and a great story. Thank you so much for coming by! :)

    J~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet -- I love to wonder what the grands will think is an "heirloom" from me someday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table looks so pretty. I love how you aquired the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Lovely! I just love the cahnge of seasons I think. They are all fun in their time!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your table looks beautiful. I really love the shape of the vase, and the gorgeous flowers. Thank you so much for visiting me today. I'm still new at all of this and I really appreciate your comment.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers, Maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails