Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wreath Makeover

Well, It's official. It's autumn! The days are getting shorter and the leaves are starting to become tinged with gorgeous colours. It's time that my front door reflect the change of season.


I had a spring wreath that I augmented with silk flowers in colours similar to some of the flowers in the bed in my front yard. I thought it looked very welcoming. I guess a pair of robins did too. Before I knew it, they had built a nest in the wreath!You can see it at the 1:00 position on the wreath. We moved it to the wall beside the door so we wouldn't be disturbing the birdie family with our comings and goings. Eggs were laid and before long three baby robins hatched! While we were very pleased with the blessed event, this left my front door rather plain.

I found another grapevine wreath at a garage sale. At the same sale I found another bunch of silk flowers. I put them all together and, voila! I had a new summer wreath!

But now it's time to pull out the pink blossoms. At yet another garage sale (notice a trend here), I found some lovely orange and yellow sunflowers. While there are no leaves in the wreath, per se, I think the colours definitely say 'fall' to me.





You can see many more lovely fall creations at Keelie's
Fall Wreath Party.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing it at the wreath party! I enjoyed both of your table scapes and the chocolate garage door is hilarious! That is EXACTLY what it reminds me of.

    I look forward to following and would love for you to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty fall wreath! I have a Halloween one but just Acorn Bells for Fall!
    Happy Fall! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute that the robins built in your wreath! I had barn finches build in my door bucket a couple of years back and I wasn't smart like you to move it. It was a BIG mess but cute.

    You asked about my "real looking feathers". I saw some at Hobby Lobby the other day near the dried and real floral stuff (you know sticks, wheat, stuff like that). I think it was 5 in a bag. I acquired mine from a friend that hunts - kinda sad and gross but at least their beauty lives on in my arrangement! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, the little baby robins are so sweet! I like the changes you've made to your wreath for fall.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers, Maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails