Monday, September 14, 2009

Tempus Fugit


My hubby and I were given a beautiful wall clock by my family as a first anniversary present. It has been treasured for the last 25 years. It is a manual pendulum clock that requires monthly winding and has Westminster chimes. Sadly, a few months ago it stopped working. The springs were broken.

Yesterday, we happened to spy another wall clock in a thrift store and snapped it up. My husband was able to use parts from this clock to repair my treasured clock! So, as I type this I am once more listening to the steady pulse of the pendulum - tick tock. Very comforting somehow. Tempus fugit...

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to be able to repair such a treasure...we must see it. :)

    Take care~ J

    P.S. My husband loves candy corn....that bowl that was full is gone already....must by more and an extra for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers, Maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails